Thank you for your interest in True North: a healthier model of healthcare.
> Staff Positions
> Become a True North Practitioner/Affiliate
Medical Assistant & Front Desk Receptionist
This is a very unique and exciting position that allows for some diversity in your role!
We are looking to recruit an organized and professional individual for our fast paced health center.This individual will provide comprehensive patient support and be part of a team approach to delivering exceptional patient and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication and organizational skills, the ability to adhere to strict confidentiality protocols and the ability to excel in a fast paced environment. Strong customer service, computer and multi-tasking skills are required.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Provide phlebotomy services including correctly process specimens for transfer to the labs.
- Triaging symptom-based calls from patients assessing needs and giving appropriate clinical advice per guidelines.
- Providing referral to primary providers, specialists, healthcare facilities, and community resources as appropriate.
- Providing telephone education and counseling to callers regarding a variety of health-related topics, our policies on insurance and payments, and about the modalities and practitioners.
- Handling incoming calls to the main number.
- Accurately make all patient appointments.
- Checking patients in and out including entering charges and payments for visits, services and store purchases.
- Assisting patients in supplement store.
- Pulling and prepping charts, preparing kits for patients, changing the linens and exam tables in the exam room after each patient, ordering supplies and other general administrative duties.
- Processing medical records requests including copying and billing when appropriate.
- Accurately and completely documents patient interactions including telephone conversations.
Benchmarks for achieving excellent patient care include:
- Greets patients and visitors cordially.
- Ensures that new patient forms are filled in accordingly.
- At check out, makes re-appointments as requested, provides patients with a receipt and insurance paperwork, takes payments, and enters procedure codes and payments into scheduling system.
- Answers the phone cordially, triaging calls and taking messages as needed.
- Follows up on telephone messages as indicated.
- Schedules appointments for all practitioners based upon established appointment related protocols.
- Makes reminder calls and reschedules patient appointments as needed.
- For new patients, promptly sends the appropriate new patient packets (based on practitioner), obtains and enters patient demographic information during the initial phone call, fills in new patient tracking sheet and creates a chart.
- Prints practitioner schedules.
- Accurately files and retrieves patient charts as applicable.
- Current, MA certification or equivalent training required.
- Minimum one (1) year of medical assistant experience required with family practice and pediatrics experience highly desired.
- Phlebotomy skills (pediatrics included), including specimen prep & handling.
- Experience with injections, assisting minor procedures, performing EKGs & administering nebulizer treatments.
- Current CPR certification.
- Computer and organizational skills.
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
This is a FULL TIME, (40 hours per week) position. Salary will be based on experience and excellent benefits provided including opportunities to earn bonuses during the year.
E-mail your resume to:
Or mail your resume to: True North, 202 US Route One, Suite 200, Falmouth, ME 04105
BECOME A TRUE NORTH PRACTITIONER/AFFILIATE:
Benefits of practicing at True North
Benefits of becoming a True North Affiliate
In particular we are seeking:
Family Practice Physician (MD)
True North seeks a Family Practice Medical Doctor who is interested in bringing his/her practice to True North. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and have an interest in working in an integrative, collaborative setting.
We are especially interested in practitioners who are trained in functional medicine.
If you are interested in becoming a practitioner at True North or an affiliate, please contact True North at 207-781-4488.