Therapeutic Relaxation Massage
This is an integrative massage which includes Swedish techniques, deep tissue and trigger point work, energetic touch and passive joint stretching. Massage:
- increases immunity
- improves circulation
- alleviates muscle tension and pain
- improves flexibility in joints
- promotes more restorative sleep
- increases mind-body awareness
- promotes the release of natural pain killers and mood enhancers
- feels great!
Deep Tissue Massage
Deep tissue massage targets the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. Using slow firmstrokes and deep pressureor friction techniques across the grain of the muscle, deep tissue massage is traditionally used for chronically tight or painful muscles, repetitive strain, postural problems, or recovery from injury. Whether you are in chronic pain or have specific areas of tension you need relieved, deep tissue massage can be very effective. The depth and pressure of the work is always kept within yourtolerance.
Pregnancy Massage consists of Swedish techniques aimed at supporting the body throughout pregnancy.
Studies have shown that massage during pregnancy can:
- increase circulation which in turn reduces edema/swelling
- regulate hormone levels-reducing anxiety and depression
- relieve muscle and joint stiffness and pain
- promote more restorative sleep
- improve labor outcomes and newborn health
Massage therapy is guided by the client’s goals, experiences, desired level of participation and individual preferences for therapeutic touch. Along with the traditional tools of massage (Swedish massage, deep tissue massage and myofascial release), your massage therapist may incorporate other techniques into your massage as appropriate.
<- Back to Services Page